Dr. G.P. Shetty
To educate, train and develop technical and skilled human resource for the betterment of agriculture sector and farming community through experiential learning on sustainable agricultural practices.
To bridge the gap between formal education and on field experience. To make them successful entrepreneurs. Make them employable by MNC’s/Govt bodies/private organisations directly in to managerial positions in the areas of agriculture/ marketing / sales / distribution / logistics / research / production.
The Quality Policy of the Institute is to achieve unequivocal excellence and affordable Agricultural Management Education based on innovative practices in Training, Teaching, Skill development, Student support, Extension and Consultancy. We will remain socially accountable and improve continuously through the process of self-evaluation based on the feedback of students, teachers, corporates, farming community and other stakeholders.
- To develop skills and competencies of students in agricultural science and management.
- To equip the farming and its service sector to professionalize their management for better tomorrow.
- To empower the farm science and technology operators for sustainable and profitable processes with improved decision making skills and competence of practical solutions.
- To establish educational facilities to prepare young people for careers in agricultural establishments and related fields.
- To provide new agricultural management tools with knowledge and theories through practically designed problem-solving learning opportunities.
- To empower with knowledge and skill to excel in agri enterprises with creativity and commitment.
- To engage with MNC’s, Govt and other organisations for their participation in developing appropriate training methods for their need.
- To customise specific short term programs, to ensure ready managerial pool for different agro-industries.
A legal cell to look into grievances of all social classes and women is in place.
Internal Complaint Committee
GPSIOAM has zero tolerance policy against sexual harassment and is committed to uphold the Constitutional mandate to combat sexual harassment. It strongly supports gender equality and opposes any form of gender discrimination, sexual harassment and gender violence. As per the provisions of the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013, an Internal Complaints Committee has been constituted to act as Inquiry Authority on a complaint of sexual harassment and to take proactive measures towards sensitization of the students, staff and faculty members on gender issues. .